Digital Citizenship Education in Saskatchewan Schools
Digital Citizenship Education in Saskatchewan Schools is a policy guide that was developed for school division officials to work with school administrators and teachers to help students build an understanding of safe and appropriate online behaviour.
The guide offers:
- a roadmap for developing division wide digital citizenship policies and school-specific digital citizenship guidelines and procedures;
- tools and resources to support digital citizenship education; and
- a digital citizenship continuum for Kindergarten through Grade 12 students.
Digital Citizenship Education in Saskatchewan Schools was created in response to the Saskatchewan Action Plan to Address Bullying and Cyberbullying recommendation that the Government of Saskatchewan work with school divisions to provide teacher instructional supports and student resources to teach appropriate and responsible online behaviour to all Kindergarten through Grade 12 students.
The Guide and Continuum:
The following documents are available for download:
- Digital Citizenship Education in Saskatchewan Schools (English Guide PDF)
- L'éducation à la citoyenneté numérique dans les écoles de la Saskatchewan (French Guide PDF)
- The Digital Citizenship Continuum from Kindergarten to Grade 12 (English PDF)
- Citoynneté numérique: Continuum de la maternelle à la 12e année (French PDF)
Learning Resources and Supporting Documents:
- Supporting digital citizenship instructional resources are posted on the I Am Stronger website. You can get to all of the resources by following this link: Digital Citizenship Resources.
Putting the Guide into Practice - Student Engagement Opportunties:
- Student First Anti-Bullying Online Forum for Grades 6 to 12 - November 17-19, 2015
- Virtual Exchange Guidelines in English and French
Presentations and Webinars:
- Saskatchewan IT Summit 2016:
- A webinar to Saskatchewan school division and schools: