2015 Student First Anti-Bullying Forum
Thank you to the more than 9,000 students from across Saskatchewan who are coming together online in November to participate in the 2015 Student First Anti-Bullying Online Forum.
About this event:
As part of Saskatchewan's Action Plan to Address Bullying and Cyberbullying, the Ministry of Education is hosting the third Student First Anti-Bullying Forum on the theme, "Stand Up to Bullying: Activating the Bystander.
This free online forum is open to students in grades 6 to 12. It is designed to foster responsible online behaviour and encourage young people to engage in positive, collaborative activities to build safe, caring, inclusive and accepting communities, both in school and online.
During the forum, students were asked to create multimedia artefacts that demonstrated what they had learned during the week. To view the submissions received to date, please visit this page: Student Submissions
An outline of the events are as follows:
- November 4, 2015 from 3:45-4:45: Informational live broadcast in English for teachers and group facilitators. (recording of this event)
- November 12, 2015 from 3:45-4:45: Informational online presentation in French for teachers and group facilitators in the Conseil des écoles fransaskoises. (recording of this event)
- November 17, 2015 from 9:30-12:00: Live, interactive broadcast for students in English that will feature presentations and discussion opportunities to learn more about fostering a positive online presence while engaging in the building of positive and supportive communities. A highlight of this event will be a keynote by Dr. Alec Couros. (recording of this event)
- November 18, 2015 from 10:30-12:00: Live, interteractive online presentation in French for students in the Conseil des écoles fransaskoises that will feature presentations and discussion opportunties to learn more about fostering a positive online presence while engaging in the building of positive and supportive communities. This online French event will feature a presentation by Joanna Sanders. (Recording of this event)
- November 19, 2015: An online facilitated live chat for students - one chat will take place in English (1:00-2:00 PM) and one will take place in French (10:00-11:00 AM).
For more details, check out the full schedule of events.
Teacher Facilitation Guide:
A guide has been designed to help the teacher or group facilitator become familiar with the events and activities that are being offered so that they can choose how to support their students’ participation in the online forum. Activities have been designed to allow for flexibility and choice. Classes are encouraged to participate in all events and to do all of the suggested activities, but it is recognized that this may not be possible for all participating schools.