Ignition Online Course on Digital Citizenship
About the course:
Ignition is an online course for students in grades 5-8. It is designed to teach students how to use technology in a safe and responsible way.
This engaging resource addresses the most common topics of digital citizenship including: cyberbullying, online safety, creating multimedia products, careers in STEM, and conducting online research.
Thanks to a partnership with the NHL and the NHL Players Association, this resource, and the training and technical support provided, are available at no cost.
Features of the Course:
- Simple 2-step registration process that does not require personal identifying information from students
- Engaging and interactive content
- Exposure to STEM careers
- Available in French and English
- Supplemental lesson plans for a complete blended-learning experience
- Ignition Curriculum Guide with allignment to Saskatchewan's Digital Citizenship Continuum
To get started, email your Schools Manager, Florence Tewson at firstname.lastname@example.org to either:
- Schedule a 20 minute phone training
- Request e-mail registration instructions and tips for implementation